Sunday, July 5, 2009

Torture Kitty - "The Kid with the Crazy Eyes + 5


Though, I never owned this record before it was generously donated to the blog by House O' Pain Records, I remember this band well -- mostly because I hated them. However, I was one of the few who did, as they played Huntsville rather often to bigger and bigger crowds. Listening to this now, they weren't so bad. I think it's just the same haterade i'm spilling even today when everyone is gushing over a band I can't see the big deal in.

Anyways, what you got herea Knoxville, TN band playing the kind of mildly-threatening hardcore pop punk that was all the rage in the 90s a la The Queers, Screeching Weasel, and Squirtgun. Also of note is that this record was produced by none other than Mass Georgini who has produced and/or played in all those previous influences mentioned.

3 comments:

jeffen said...

After I posted the Walker CD someone sent me zip of this single. It's sounds good thus far but then I like almost all those Mass Gorgini-related bands you mentioned.

I like you niche you've got here and I plan to d/l that Teen Idols single, which I don't believe I've heard of before.

http://musicruinedmylife.blogspot.com/

Seth Graves said...

thanks, man.

i have that Walker disc on vinyl, actually. forgot all about it.

but yeah. great blog you got there.

jeffen said...

Thanks for the good words

I added you to my blog roll.

http://musicruinedmylife.blogspot.com/